What version of Inventory Solution for Windows works with 64-bit systems?
Officially the full version of Inventory Solution 6.1 SP2 will support 64-bit systems.
On 64-bit Systems Applications can run in emulation mode utilizing the 32-bit wow.dll. The Altiris Agent for SP3 runs in emulation mode. Inventory will only run as 32-bit at this point.
From current tests, the following data classes have not been populated on 64bit systems when running with the current version of Inventory Solution (6.1 SP1):
- AeX HW ActiveTcpUdpPorts
- AeX HW Memory Modules: No Data Available
- AeX HW Mouse: No Data returned
- AeX HW Serial Number: Populated only when 'Run as Administrator'
- AeX HW SMBios: Populated only when 'Run as Administrator'
- AeX HW USB Bus
AeX OS QuickFixEngineering; CustInv collects this which tells me possible problems with CustInv scripts.
AeXSNPlus.exe runs Win16 items be default, which will certainly fail on 64bit platforms. Add the /NoSNData16 switch to the AeXSNPlus.exe command in the appropriate INI file, for example:
aexsnplus.exe /NoSNData16 /output xml
The following items are unconfirmed behavior:
- The Inventory Agent doesn't create the express\Inventory folder during the download of the package. A 0-byte express file is created. As a consequence inventory isn't being sent up. The fix is to delete the file and inventory package and force another download of the package.
- The AeX OS Add or Remove Programs dataclass isn't populating data correctly. They are getting some data but nothing close to what is in Add/Remove Programs. More information on this can be found in article 39284.
Rate this Article