What do I need to know about the 6.1 SP3 release of Wise Integration Component?
Wise Integration Component 6.1 SP3
The Wise Integration Component lets you integrate Wise Package Studio® Professional Edition software with Altiris® Notification Server™ software. This integration lets you:
- Automate the creation of package management tasks for Altiris® Application Management Solution™ software.
- Perform a Wise inventory of managed computers with Altiris® Inventory Solution® software.
- Distribute Wise packages to managed computers with Altiris® Software Delivery Solution™ software.
- Import Software Delivery Solution and Altiris® Patch Management Solution™ for Windows packages into the Wise Software Repository™ so that you can manage them from a centralized location.
- Wise Package Studio Professional Edition 6.01 or later installed on a computer on your network (Note: To use Wise Package Studio to edit or validate .MSI packages in the Altiris Console, Wise Package Studio must be installed on the same computer as Notification Server.)
- Notification Server 6.0 R4 or later
- Altiris Agent 6.0 or later on client computers that have Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4.0, 2000, XP, 2003, or Vista
- Software Delivery Solution 6.0 or later (recommended)
- Application Management Solution 6.1 or later (optional)
- Inventory Solution 6.0 or later (optional)
- Patch Management Solution for Windows 6.0 or later (optional)
Where to Download
To Install or Upgrade
- Select the Configuration tab (Altiris Console 6.0). In the left pane, select Configuration > Upgrade/Install Additional Solutions.
- In the right pane, click the Available Solutions tab and click Segments.
- Expand the Components section and select Altiris Wise Integration Component.
- Click Start.
Improvements for this release include the following new features:
SQL Server 2005 Support
Wise Integration Component can pass information between Wise Package Studio's Software Manager database and the Notification Database when any of the databases use SQL Server 2005.
.VSA Package Support
When the status of a .VSA package is changed to Available in Software Manager, information about the package is automatically passed to Notification Server so that the package can be delivered with Software Delivery Solution. You do not need to manually create a package definition for the package because it is created for you.
Wise Package Studio 6.x and 7.x Support
Wise Integration Component 6.1 SP3 is compatible with existing versions of Wise Package Studio 6.x and 7.x. However, you cannot create and manage .VSA packages with Wise Package Studio 6.x.
Altiris Console 6.5 Support
All Wise Integration Component pages display and function properly in the Altiris 6.5 Console.
- With SQL 2005 (case-sensitive database collation), the following reports result in a SQL exception: Wise Software Repository packages by machine, Wise Software Repository packages by package, and unmanaged packages.
- In localized versions of Notification Server, some portions of the user interface in Wise Integration Component are not localized.
- If a package in the Wise Software Repository has been imported into Notification Server by the Wise Integration Component and you associate a task with that package (example: software delivery task), any changes to the status of the package in Software Manager will cause the import of the package to fail. You must delete the task for the import to succeed.
- If a package in the Wise Software Repository has been imported into Notification Server by the Wise Integration Component and you then delete the package from the Wise Software Repository, the package is not deleted from Notification Server.
Altiris product documentation is available in Microsoft* HTML Help (.CHM) and Adobe Acrobat* (.PDF) formats. To view Altiris product documentation in .PDF format, use Adobe Acrobat Reader (available at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
Documentation files are installed in the following directory on the Altiris® Notification Server™ computer:
C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Help.
The following documentation is provided:
Wise Integration Component Help (WiseConnector.chm, WiseConnector.pdf)
Altiris Information Resources
|Source||What Information it Includes||Location|
|Altiris Documentation||Information about new features, update instructions, and known issues for each release. Includes Altiris formal documentation such as release notes, help, reference guides, best practice articles, and technical reference articles.||http://www.altiris.com/support/documentation|
|Altiris Knowledgebase||Comprehensive collection of articles, incidents, and issues for Altiris solutions.||http://kb.altiris.com/|
an online magazine for Altiris users
|Best practices, tips and tricks, and articles for users of Altiris solutions.||http://www.altiris.com/juice|
|Online Forums||Forums for Altiris solutions and suites.||http://forums.altiris.com/|
Imported Document Id