What are the Task Server requirements?
Altiris Task Server is an infrastructure component that provides task sequencing and automation for Altiris Solutions. The functionality is similar to what Deployment Solution provides with its Job engine, but it is built on the Notification Server infrastructure allowing the rest of the Altiris Solution catalog to take advantage of its powerful features.
Task Server computer requirements:
- Microsoft .NET Framework versions 1.1*
- Windows 2000 SP4* or later
- Altiris Agent
Task Server minimum hardware recommendations:
- Intel Pentium* 4 processor or equivalent
- 1 GB RAM
- 1 GB disk space
Task Server Software requirements:
- Notification Server 6.0.6074 SP3
- SQL Server 2000 SP3 or newer
- Altiris Console 6.5
How many Task Servers do I need?We recommend the following:
- Your first Task Server running on the computer with Notification Server and Notification Database should serve 500 or fewer client computers.
- For every 2000 client computers you have past 500, you should have an additional Task Server set up.
The amount of client computers that a Task Server can serve depends on the hardware of the Task Server computer. These recommendations are based on the minimum hardware recommendations.
Imported Document Id