Note: Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component 7.0 now adds Service Pack One. For release notes see article: 50550.
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component combines Symantec Endpoint Protection with other Symantec Management Platform solutions. With Altiris solutions you can inventory computers, update patches, deliver software, deploy new computers, and completely manage your systems. You can also back up and restore your systems and data, manage DLP agents, manage Symantec Endpoint Protection clients, and more all from a single Symantec Management Console.
With the Symantec Endpoint Protection Integratioon Component 7.0, you can perform common Symantec Endpoint Protection client management operations from the Symantec Management Console.
Features in the Release
Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component lets you perform common Symantec Endpoint Protection client management operations from the Symantec Management Console.
Specifically, Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component lets you perform the following tasks:
- Identify computers using various discovery methods
- Run an Antivirus Inventory.
- View summaries of the antivirus software that is installed in your environment.
- Uninstall antivirus software remotely.
- Create Symantec Endpoint Protection client installation packages.
- Install Symantec Endpoint Protection clients remotely.
- View computers on which Symantec Endpoint Protection client rollouts are successful.
- View computers on which Symantec Endpoint Protection client rollout has failed.
- Repair Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
- Migrate computers to the latest Symantec Endpoint Protection client.
- Update the content of Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
- View computers on which Tamper Protection is detected and enabled.
- Run Quick Scans for viruses and security risks.
- Run Full Scans for viruses and security risks.
- View the status of Altiris Agent installations.
Server system prerequisites and support:
- NS 7.0.4726 RC2 SP1. Only NS 32-bit versions will be supported.
- Internet Explorer 7.
Client system prerequisites and support:
- The target computers must have Altiris Agent 7.0 installed.
- Windows Professional 2000 SP4, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server Longhorn, Windows 64-bit platforms.
- Symantec Antivirus, McAfee, Trend Micro Officescan, SEP, CA, F-Secure, Sophos, ESET, Kaspersky.
Things to Know
The following are things to know about this release:
|Thing to know||Article ID|
Creating a Symantec Endpoint Protection client package
You must create a Symantec Endpoint Protection Packages using the client package creation page. The client package creation page is located at:
Note: Creation of packages must be done from the console on the Notification Server computer.
Updating Distribution points
If you change the location of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Client setup.exe file after you create a Symantec Endpoint Protection Client Install package, then you must update the package's distribution points. To update the packages distribution points do the following:
Hierarchy and replication
After you create Hierarchy between Notification Servers to replicate the items, you must replicate the Software Release. To replicate the Software Release you must create and schedule a Resource Replication Rule as follows:
The following are unresolved issues in this release:
When editing Advance option, Password will be shown blank.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Pre-requisites
SEP will not be installed if the pre-requisites do not match.
Registry entries and folders
A few registry entries and folders will be present even if we uninstall the existing antivirus.
Un-installation and inventory of localized Antivirus software
Currently we are supporting only localized version of Trend and Symantec AntiVirus antivirus software. Inventory of Trend, Symantec AntiVirus and Symantec Endpoint Protection is supported currently.
|Antivirus Inventory may return No Updates for the virus definition version. immediately after the Symantec Endpoint Protection client is installed as the client. Running the Antivirus Inventory task again once the client is initialized will return the accurate virus definition version.|
Imported Document Id