How do I install the ASDK 2.0?
To install the complete ASDK 2.0, complete the following steps:
Part I – Uninstall ASDK version 1.x
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog click on "Altiris ASDK".
- Click the Remove button.
- A dialog will appear warning you that this will remove all the ASDK components on this machine. Click Ok.
- After a few minutes a dialog will appear indicating the ASDK has been uninstalled. Click Ok.
- Be sure to uninstall the ASDK on both the NS Server and on any remote computer on which the Altiris ASDK 1.x COM pieces have been installed.
7. Part II – Install the Server components
- Run the Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) on the Notification Server machine where you want to install the ASDK 2.0.
- Make sure you update the SIM to the latest version and it will have an up to date PL (Product Listing) for example: \Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\symantec*.pl.*. This can be modified using the settings button in the upper right of the Symantec Installation Manager.
- Select the "Symantec Administrator SDK" product and proceed with the installation. If "Symantec Administrator SDK" is not visible in the product list, make sure no filters are selected and that the PL is one that references the Administrator SDK.
- Download and unzip the Symantec_ASDK.exe installation file onto the machine(s) you want to run the ASDK COM layer from. This can be the NS server itself, a remote computer on which .NET Framework v3.5 SP1, Windows Installer 4.5 have been installed.
- In the extracted directory, double click the executable Symantec_ASDK.exe
- Complete the installation using the installation wizard.
- The Microsoft Windows documentation, ASDK20.chm (ASDK20.rar) file, is also attached to this article.
Imported Document Id