To configure Office 365 to accept inbound email from Symantec.cloud for your domain(s):
- Configure your Office 365 environment
- Create a connector from Office 365 to your email server
- Obtain the Microsoft® Office 365 hostname ™ for inbound mail
- Configure inbound routes to point to Office 365
- Change MX records to redirect mail flow
Configure your Office 365 environment
Note: To set up connectors, you need permissions assigned before you can begin.
If you want Microsoft Exchange Online Protection (EOP) or Microsoft Exchange Online to relay email from your email servers to the Internet, do one of the following:
- Use a certificate configured with a subject name that matches an accepted domain in Office 365.
We recommend that your certificate's common name or subject alternative name matches the primary SMTP domain for your organization. For details about this, see Prerequisites for your email server environment.
- Make sure that all your organization sender domains and subdomains are configured as accepted domains in Office 365.
Decide whether you want to use transport rules or domain names to deliver mail from Office 365 to your email servers. Most businesses will choose to deliver mail for all accepted domains. For more information, see Using a connector with a transport rule.
Create a connector from Office 365 to your email server
- Log into your Microsoft® Office 365 Console
- Click Admin > Admin Centers > Exchange
- Click on mail flow > Connectors
If any connectors already exist for your organization, you can see them listed here.
Before you set up a new connector, check any connectors that are already listed here for your organization. For example, if you ran the Exchange Hybrid Configuration wizard, connectors that deliver mail between Office 365 and Exchange Server will be set up already and listed here. You do not need to set them up again, but you can edit them here if you need to.
If you don’t plan to use the hybrid configuration wizard, or if you’re running Exchange Server 2007 or earlier, or if you’re running a non-Microsoft SMTP mail server, set up connectors using the wizard.
To start the wizard, click the plus symbol +. On the first screen, choose the options that are depicted in the following screenshot:
Click Next, and follow the instructions in the wizard. Click the Help or Learn More links if you need more information. The wizard will guide you through the setup. At the end, make sure your connector validates. If the connector does not validate, double-click the message displayed to get more information.
Obtain the Microsoft Office 365 hostname
- In the Microsoft Office 365 console, navigate to Admin.
- Click Domains.
- Select the desired domain.
- Make note of the domain's MX record. For example: mydomain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
Configure inbound routes to point to Office 365
- In the Symantec.cloud console, navigate to Services > Email Services > Inbound Routes
- Click Add and Check New,
- Add the Office 365 hostname obtained from the previous section.
Change MX records to redirect mail flow
To redirect email flow to Office 365, change the mail exchange (MX) record for your domain to point to the MX records provided when your domain was first provisioned with Symantec.cloud.
If this is a new domain you have just provisioned with Symantec.cloud, only change the MX records when prompted to do so.