How do I change the Installer Messages for my installation using WiseScript?
There are many reasons to edit the default Installer Messages. For example, you may want to add your support information to the Installation Aborted message so that users know who to contact when the installation aborts.
To edit these messages, follow the steps listed below.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Installer Messages. The Installer Messages dialog is displayed.
- Select the message that you want to edit from the Messages list.
- In the Message Text field, modify the message or delete the text and create a new message.
You can also edit the Select Language Dialog in the lower half of the Installer Messages dialog. The Select Language Dialog appears as the installation's first dialog when users run an installation that supports multiple languages. Specify the title of this dialog and the text that appears by changing the Dialog Title and Dialog Text field.
- To change the wording in non-English dialogs, select the appropriate language from the Languages drop-down list before selecting the message you wish to edit.
- Editing the installation messages modifies the wise.ini file, which is located in the system directory. It is recommended that you create a back up copy of the wise.ini file before editing installer messages to preserve the preexisting messages. (The Language directory, located in the Wise Installation System application directory, contains text for the uninstallation dialogs.)
Rate this Article