How can I install a registry key or file, if a file exists on the destination computer?
To install registry keys based upon a file on the destination computer add a system search that searches for a file on the destination computer from Installation Expert's System Search.
If the file is found, a property you specify in the System Search action will be set, if it is not found, the property will be empty. Use this property as a condition on the component that contains the registry key or file that is getting installed based on the search.
- Verify that the component containing the registry keys that you want installed does not contain other files or keys
- Go to Setup Editor and selecting the Components tab.
- Locate the Component that contains the registry key and make sure there are not other keys or files in that component.
- Add the condition on the component, by right-clicking on the name of the component and selecting Details.
- Enter the Property Name from the System Search into the Condition field.
If the file is not found, the property will not get set. If the property is empty, the registry key or files will not be installed because the component is conditionalized to check the property from the System Search.
If the file is found on the destination computer, the component will be installed.
Rate this Article