How to export Scan Error events from the SAVLOG.NSF into a text file
1. Open the SAVLOG.NSF
2. Go to > Statistics
3. Go to > Scan Error
4. Go to > Violation. On the right hand side you should now see various types of scan errors (see screen shot)
5. Expand the scan error section (> Year > Month > Day, not shown in the above screen shot) from which you want to export events till you reach the single events.
6. Using the spacebar or mouse select the events you wish to export.
7. In the Notes Client interface, select > File
8. Select Export
9. Select a location on your computer to export the output to.
10. Save as type: ‘Structured Text’ and click ‘Export’. You will now get a =Structured Text Export= window (see screen shot)
11. Click the option for ‘Selected documents’
12. Optionally you can increase the value for ‘Word Wrap Within Documents’ to e.g. 150
13. Click [OK] and then find the exported data back at your specified location. The file can be opened with a text editor.
Alternatively, events can also be exported from SAVLOG.NSF under > Monitors > Incidents > Scan Error
NOTE: The above procedure can of course also be used to export e.g. Threat/Security Risk related events.
Exporting events to a text file will allow you to see and search all available information in one flat file, whereas the SAVLOG.nsf requires you to open each event separately to get all the details.
Rate this Article