This article details the usage of CKM and SCKM keys with PGP Mobile. This article applies to PGP Mobile 9.8 running on Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional.
PGP Mobile supports the use of GKM, SKM, CKM, and SCKM keys. PGP Mobile requires a key to be present on the PGP Universal Server.
When using a GKM or SKM key, the entire keypair is automatically downloaded to the PGP Mobile device from the PGP Universal Server. However, when using a CKM or SCKM key, ONLY the public key portion of the keypair is downloaded to the PGP Mobile device. CKM or SCKM keys require the user to manually download the key to PGP Mobile on the device.
Use the following steps to manually import a CKM or SCKM key to PGP Mobile.
Export the key from PGP Desktop
- Open PGP Desktop.
- Click the PGP Keys control box.
- Right-click the key in PGP Keys and select Export... from the context menu. The Export Key to File screen is displayed.
- Place a checkmark next to Include Private Key(s) and click Save.
Import the key to PGP Mobile
- Copy the exported key file to your mobile device.
- Tapping the key file imports the key to PGP Mobile.
- The imported key now appears in the list of keys in PGP Mobile.
Rate this Article