This article details how to install PGP Command Line on Windows systems.
Installing PGP Command Line on Windows
To install PGP Command Line onto a Windows system:
- Close all Windows applications.
- Download the installer application, PGPCommandLine990Win.zip, to a known location on your system.
- Unzip the file PGPCommandLine990Win.zip. You will get the following file:
- Double click on PGPCommandLine990Win.msi.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If prompted, restart your machine. A restart is needed only if other PGP products are also installed on the same machine.
C:\Program Files\PGP Corporation\PGP Command Line\
After you run PGP Command Line for the first time, its home directory will be created automatically in the users home directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\PGP\
Application data is stored in the directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\PGP Corporation\PGP
Locations may be different for the different Windows versions.