This article describes how to add a license for PGP Desktop clients to the PGP Universal Server.
To deploy managed PGP Desktop clients from the PGP Universal Server, you must enter license information for a policy to enable the PGP Desktop functionality. A license is used within the PGP software to enable functionality and sets the expiration of the software.
To enter or change licensing information for PGP Desktop clients
- Login to the PGP Universal Server administrative interface.
- Click Consumers card then select Consumer Policy.
- Click Default or the desired policy.
- Select Client Licensing next to PGP Desktop.
- Click Enter License.
- In the Licensee Name field, type Authorized User.
- In the Licensee Organization field, type Authorized Company.
- In the Licensee Email field, type an email address (optional).
- In the License Number field, type the license number.
Note: To avoid authorization errors, copy and paste license number in the License Number field.
- Click Save.
If your server is not connected to the Internet, you can manually authorize the license by clicking the Manual button and pasting the manual authorization block for your license.