This article details how to change the location of the SQL Server database for the PGP Endpoint Application Server.
If the SQL Server for your PGP Endpoint Server is upgraded or the database is moved to another location, you can change where the PGP Endpoint Server points for its database without needing to rebuild the PGP Endpoint Server.
The location for the SQL Server database for the PGP Endpoint Application Server is changed by updating a value for PGP Endpoint in the Windows Registry.
|Warning: Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on the computer. For more information on backing up the registry see the following article on the Microsoft support site:
How to back up and restore the registry
Change the PGP Endpoint database location
- Click Start > Run.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servixes\sxs\parameters folder.
- Right-click DbConnectionString and click Modify.
- Update the Value data with the new SQL Server location information.
- Click OK to save the new setting.
After updating the registry stop and restart the PGP Endpoint service.
- Open a command prompt window.
- Type net stop sxs to stop the service.
- To restart the service type net start sxs