After upgrading to Helpdesk SP3 (6.0.292) or SP4 (6.0.297), users in the My Helpdesk Console, are not able to create new incidents. The icon ( ) to create the incidents is not there. Users are also no longer able to search the
Helpdesk SP3 (6.0.292)
Helpdesk SP4 (6.0.297)
In Helpdesk SP3 (6.0.292), the My Helpdesk Console now checks to see if the user is in an Altiris Security Role that has the "Create Incidents" and "View Knowledgebase Articles" Helpdesk privileges.
Solution 1: Users must be added to an Altiris Security Role which is granted the "Create Incident" and "View Knowledgebase Articles" Helpdesk Privileges.
To add the ability for members to see the New Incident icon (), have them be able to create new incidents, and to be able to search and view Knowledgebase articles, here are the steps you need to do:
- Go to the Altiris console.
- Go to the 'Configuration > Server Settings > Notification Server Settings > Security Roles'.
- Right-click on Security Roles and click 'New > Security Role'.
- Name the new security role something like "Altiris MyHelpdesk Users".
- Under the Membership tab, add the Domain Users and/or Groups that need this ability.
- Under Privileges tab, check the "Create Incident" and "View Knowledgebase Articles" Helpdesk privileges.
- Click the Apply button.
Solution 2: Remove the additional 'PrivCreateIncident' privilege, which was added to the 'newItem' command, as shown below.
This command is located in the web.config for the WinUser console ('%installdir%\Helpdesk\AeXHD\WinUser').
To avoid upgrade problems in the future it is possible to create an overload to the 'newItem' command using a 'custom.config' file, containing the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<console id="conMyHD" defaultCommand="homeMyHD" defaultPresentation="Banner">
<command id="newItem" moduleID="TemplateModule" name="sidNewItem" description="sidNewItemDesc" >
<commandParam name="template" value="ConsoleMyHD" />
<commandParam name="page" value="pvNewItem" />
Imported Document Id