To Enable logging in Deployment Solution 6.9 Boot Disk Creator:
- Ensure that Boot Disk Creator (bootwiz.exe) is closed. These steps will not work if bootwiz is open or running in the background.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Browse to the Program Files (x86)\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\Bootwiz folder. (If you have installed DS to the default path.)
- Copy the existing bootwiz.ini to a safe location. This is to ensure a known good copy in the event the file is modified improperly.
- Open the original bootwiz.ini and scroll to the bottom of the file.
- Add the following section:
- Save and Close the file.
Below is an explanation of each of the sections:
- file: location and name of the file (in this example, the next time you start the Boot Disk Creator it will create a bdc.log file located at the root of c:).
- screen: <true/false, yes/no,1/0> are all valid options. The default is false which means it doesn't show the output to the screen.
- severity: (i=informational, w=warning, e=error, d=debug)
- append: a