The default installation folder of a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client is within C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)). In some cases, you want to install Symantec Endpoint Protection to another folder, drive or both. For example, you would like to install to D:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection.
To install Symantec Endpoint Protection to a custom path, you configure the Client Install Settings, then select the new settings file during package export or new package deployment.
Note: These instructions apply only to the enterprise version os Symantec Endpoint Protection. You cannot configure a custom path in Small Business Edition.
To configure the Client Install Settings:
- Log on to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)
- Click Admin > Install Packages > Client Install Settings > Add Client Install Settings
- Enter information into Name and Description as required. For example, Custom installation Path.
- Under Client Installation Settings, click Install to a custom installation folder, and then enter the desired folder path for installation in the box next to Folder.
- Click OK.
You then select this custom installation settings file when exporting or deploying the package.
If you have already exported an installation package as separate files (and not a single .EXE file), you can change a setting in SetAid.ini to customize the installation path.
- Open the folder into which you have exported or saved the install package.
- Open SetAid.ini with a plain text editor, such as Notepad.exe.
- Search for destinationdirectory= and then change the path to the custom installation path for the SEP client. For example:
destinationdirectory=D:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Save and close the file.
Imported Document Id