This article describes how to disable definition shadowing if it has been enabled, and how to enable LiveUpdate in Symantec Scan Engine.
Disable definition shadowing of another Symantec product
- Browse to the AntiVirus definitions folder for Symantec Scan Engine.
For Windows the default location is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Scan Engine\Definitions\AntiVirus
For Linux and Solaris the default location is /opt/SYMCScan/bin/definitions/Antivirus/
- Delete the shadow.iu file. This file will not exist if definition shadowing was not enabled.
Enable LiveUpdate in Symantec Scan Engine
- Open the Symantec Scan Engine administration interface. The default location is https://<ip address>:8004.
- Click on System in the left navigation bar.
- In the Views section, select LiveUpdate Content
- Check "Enable scheduled LiveUpdate".
- Click on the Save button (disk icon in the upper left).
- Click on the Apply button (double arrow icon in the upper left).
Imported Document Id