This article describes how to wipe a PGP Whole Disk Encrypted disk using the Windows diskpart utility. This will get rid of all the instrumentation data with bootguard in the MBR. This utility is included by default with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. This utility is useful command when you have a disk that is encrypted and you are unable to decrypt the drive using any other means and you wish to form wipe the disk clean so that you can format it.
1. Open up a Windows command prompt:
2. From the command prompt, open the utility by typing: diskpart and then press Enter.
3. List the disks by typing the command: list disk and then press Enter.
4. You should see something like: Disk 0 Online. There could be even more than one disk listed.
5. Once you have determined the disk that you want to format. Perform the command: select disk (number) e.g. select disk 1.
6. Once the disk is selected type clean all to perform the clean command.
7. Once the disk is clean you should be able to use the Disk Management utility or some other utility to setup the partition tables and reformat the disk drive.
Imported Document Id