There are two ways to check for the version build for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange.
- Open the Symantec Mail Security for Exchange console.
- Click on Help -> About. The full version number is displayed in the resulting dialog box.
If the console is not accessible, use the following procedure to determine the version and build number of SMSMSE:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to <install drive>:\Program Files\Symantec\SMSMSE\<major version #>\Server.
- Locate the file "SAVFMSESp.exe", right click and select Properties.
- Select the Version tab. The "File version:" field displays the full version and build number.