How do I enable ADLagent logging for Unix, Linux, Solaris, and Apple clients?
To enable logging on the Deployment Server:
- Open the Altiris Deployment Server control panel applet
- Click on the Options button
- Click on the Debug tab
- Set the Max File Size to: 1024
- Set the Logging Level to: 7
- Mark the Log Agent Communication with Engine box
- Set the Max File Size to: 500
To enable logging on the client (ADLagent):
Edit the file /opt/altiris/deployment/adlagent/conf/adlagent.conf and make the following changes:
- For additional debug-level logging, add the following entry to the end of the file: DEBUG_LOG=true
Edit the file /opt/altiris/deployment/adlagent/conf/trace.conf and make the following changes:
IP address of the Deployment Server
The agent will need to be restarted to accept the changes to the configuration files. To restart the agent, run the following commands from the terminal:
sudo /etc/init.d/adlagent restart
sudo systemstarter restart adlagent
The logs created by the agent will be in the /opt/altiris/deployment/adlagent/log directory of the client.
To monitor communication from the client to the server in real-time, run the ADLremoteTrace utility from the Deployment Server (located in the \TechSup\Windows folder of the eXpress share). The log file generated by ADLremoteTrace.exe will be placed in the \Temp\Msgs directory of the eXpress share.
To enable logging for the automation ADLagent, follow the procedure in KB article HOWTO10898.
If you are gathering logs from an Apple system, please also follow the procedure outlined in KB article HOWTO10730.