How do I run a repair on Alert Manager since it is not in Add or Remove Programs?
(1) Repairing Alert Manager replaces all default files under the AeXHD folder with the files that shipped with the currently installed version. It is for this reason that you need to verify whether or not you have implemented customizations the correct way as documented in the Helpdesk Product Guide (KB 40604, starting on page 195). Since properly implemented customizations are done to files in a custom folder that are referenced by a custom.config file, they are not affected by the repair of Alert Manager. If you're made changes to the default files in their default location, they will be overwritten during the repair. This is why we ask you to back up your AeXHD directory before repairing.
(2) If there are other issues with Alert Manager or the Notification Server, repairing Alert Manager may cause the Notification Server to stop responding. To correct this, run an NSSetup of the Notification Server, and then repair the hotfix for it in Windows Add or Remove Programs. Afterwards, open an Altiris Console and re-enable Server Processing.
(3) Helpdesk and/or Altiris services will be offline during the repair install. Ensure that this can be run off production hours, or inform users that services may be disrupted during the procedures.
To run a repair on Alert Manager for Helpdesk, do the following:
- Back up your AeXHD directory if you are not using a custom.config file for your customizations. If you are not sure, look at article 32822 to determine if you are using the custom.config files.
- Browse to \Program Files\Altiris\Setup Files\Altiris Helpdesk\
- Right-click on AlertManager.msi
- In the right-click menu, select Repair
If the repair was expected to fix the issue but did not give the expected results, please follow these additional steps:
- Stop IIS
- Repeat steps 1-4 above
- Start IIS
Rate this Article