You can use several methods to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) or its components. If these common methods fail, you can use the CleanWipe utility.
Warning: Symantec does not recommend using CleanWipe the first time you have trouble uninstalling SEP. Instead, please try other uninstall methods first.
How to download CleanWipe
- Download the full installation file for Symantec Endpoint Protection. You must have an active support contract to download this file.
- Extract the installation file.
- In the folder where you extracted the file, you can find CleanWipe in the following folder:
How to uninstall using CleanWipe
- In the CleanWipe folder, double-click CleanWipe.exe, and click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Select the Symantec products you want to remove and click Next twice.
- When the tool finishes running, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- After the computer restarts, CleanWipe reopens and continues to run.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. The Symantec products you selected are now uninstalled.
If you need help using CleanWipe, please contact Technical Support.
Rate this Article