How do I manually install the Altiris Agent for Macintosh using the aex-nsclt file?
In order to run the installation manually, do the following:
- Copy the following files to the /tmp directory on the Mac client(s):
- Run the following commands:
- mv aex-agent-install-config.xml .aex-agent-install-config.xml
- tar xzvf aex-nsclt.pkg.tar.gz
- sudo installer -pkg aex-nsclt.pkg -target /
- If you can specify that the commands run as root from Apple Remote Desktop, you do not need "sudo" in the installer command.
- The .aex-agent-install-config.xml file specifies an installation directory of /Applications/Utilities/Altiris/NSAgent.
- The aex-agent-install-config.xml file is obtained on the Notification Server console in the Altiris Agent Installation, install Altiris Macintosh Agent screen, under "Installation settings". By default, the file begins with a dot (.) and is hidden on UNIX/Linux/Macintosh systems. In this example, the dot was removed to facilitate transferring the files between systems.
Imported Document Id