Background: By default, when a "Worker" closes an incident in Altiris Helpdesk Solution 6 and that incident is assigned to a queue, it can remain in queue, even though it is closed. For those that like to work from a queue, this can be annoying. Rather than manually reassigning each incident, it can be done automatically with an Incident Rule.
Question: When a Worker closes an incident that is in a queue, how can I prevent it from remaing in the queue?
To prevent incidents from remaining in queue when a Worker closes the incident, simply configure an Incident rule that will automatically assign the incident to the closing worker, if the incident is being closed while in a queue.
- From the Admin menu in the Helpdesk console, create a new Incident Rule.
- Configure an appropriate name and comment for the rule
- Under Set these properties add an Advanced assignment. Configure it as follows:
- Leave the "to" section of the form blank and click OK.
- The Set these properties section of the form should now show Set Assigned Worker to.
- With Set Assigned Worker to "" selected, click Edit and choose Modified by Worker from the drop-down list.
- Configure When to Every time incident is saved.
- Configure And as follows:
- Under normal conditions, this rule should not be Terminal.
Imported Document Id