Here is the required detail regarding how to configure the SWS (streaming) agent and the SWV (virtualization) agent for use with Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.x.
- Open appstreamcfg.txt in a text editor, found in <root directory>%ProgramFiles%\Symantec\Workspace Streaming\bin*
- Search the word NO_ACCESS_PROCESS (this list contains processes that will be denied access to the files in the SWS cache directory)
- Add the file name of the process executable (above mentioned) to the NO_ACCESS_PROCESS list. Process names from a number of security products are included for reference.
- Restart the Computer.
Centralized Exceptions Policies can be created from within Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Once you've loaded it and logged in, follow these steps:
- Choose the Policies tab from the left-hand menu
- Under View Policies, select Centralized Exceptions
- Right-Click in the Centralized Exceptions Policies section and choose Add
- In the Overview of your new policy, type a name and description for your new policy (i.e. IT Exceptions, Security Risk Exceptions for the IT Department)
- Next, click on Centralized Exceptions in the left menu
- On this screen, you'll need to add those applications that you'd like to exclude from SEP checking. These can be Security Risks, specific files or folders or even file extensions. To exclude one of these items, add it and choose Ignore as the action.
- The third option on the left menu will allow you to configure the options that allow or deny specific Policy Groups the option to create exceptions themselves. You can choose specific types of allowed or denied exceptions if you'd prefer.
- Finally, Click OK.