Can I move the AMTConfig (IntelAMT) database from one SQL Server or instance to another?
Here are the steps to moving the AMTConfig (IntelAMT) database.
- Back up your existing IntelAMT database and restore it to the new SQL Server.
- Run AMTConfServer.exe (found on the NS Server at C:Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Bin\Win32\X86\OOB\IntelSCS) to uninstall the Intel portion of Out of Band Management Solution. This will uninstall the AMTConfig service and so on.
- Answer yes when asked, “Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?”
- Answer no when asked, “Are you sure you want to remove the Database 'IntelAMT' on 'Your server'?”, unless you wish to remove the original database.
- Run AMTConfServer.exe again to reinstall the Intel portion of Out of Band Management Solution and point to the new database.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select complete install.
- Enter the user name used to start the AMTConfig service.
- Configure the AMTSCS Web Site.
- Select the new database server and authentication method.
- Type in the name of the database that you restored in step 1 (most likely IntelAMT).
- Select Install.
- Answer yes when asked, “The database 'IntelAMT' on 'Your server' already exists. Do you want to use the existing Database?”