Here's the steps to change DS\GSS Server IP address:
1) Redirect Dagents to new Server IP -
- Open Console, Right-click on 'All Computers' and select 'Change Agent Settings'
- Select the 'Production Agent > Server connection tab'
- Change the IP address to the new IP address of the server (this will cause lost agent connectivity until the server IP is changed)
- Click 'OK'
- All Dagents will receive the job and disconnect to make changes, they will reconnect when the necessary IP address change is made to the Server.
- Allow enough time for all clients to update with this new IP address before making the IP address change on the Server.
2) Open Windows services, turn off all Altiris Services
3) Change Server IP address
4) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\express\deployment, edit default.cfg with notepad.
Perform a find old IP address and replace with new IP address.
5) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\express\deployment\PXE, edit PXE.ini, PxeMgr.ini, RPC.ini with notepad.
Perform a 'Find' old IP address and 'Replace' with new IP address.
6) Restart all Altiris Services
7) Edit PXE boot image to contain new server IP:
- In the Console, select 'Tools > PXE Configuration'
- Highlight your PXE boot image (Winpe/Linux) and select 'Edit...'
- Select 'Edit Boot Image...' and then '<<Edit' on the bottom left
- Go through the Wizard and verify the new IP address of the Server
- Finish the Boot image > Click OK > Save changes then close out the PXE Configuration Utility
8) Test PXE on new Subnet\VLAN
Imported Document Id