To upgrade a console only installation of SMSMSE 5.0 and later to SMSMSE 7.0, complete the following steps:
- Download the attached utility "Symantec.Cmaf.Upgrade.exe" to the C:\ drive of the system being upgraded.
- Open a command prompt (Start -> Run, CMD)
- Navigate to the root of the C:\ drive (type cd C:\ and press Enter)
- Run the command "Symantec.Cmaf.Upgrade.exe ps smsmse 70 <current installed version>"
For example, if the currently installed version is 6.0, the command would read "Symantec.Cmaf.Upgrade.exe ps smsmse 70 60"
- Uninstall the current version of the SMSMSE console via Add/Remove programs (For server 2008, Programs and Features)
- Install the SMSMSE 7.0 console. Your server group settings will be retained as a result of running the utility.