Symantec Encryption Management Server (formerly PGP Universal Server) Administrator accounts do not have password complexity requirements by default.
Use the following steps to enforce password complexity:
- Connect to the server using SSH or PuTTY. (Click here to see how).
- Backup the omf.properties file:
cp /etc/ovid/omf.properties /etc/ovid/omf.properties-backup-mm-dd-yyy
- Edit /etc/ovid/omf.properties.
- Add the following line somewhere in the file and save it:
- Restart the tomcat and httpd services:
pgpsysconf --restart tomcat
pgpsysconf --restart httpd
After taking these steps, a new passphrase for an administrator must meet all of the following requirements:
- at least 8 characters long
- at least one lower case letter
- at least one upper case letter
- at least one number
- at least one punctuation mark
This feature has been verified on Symantec Encryption Management Server versions 3.3.0, 3.3.2, and 3.4.1.
Caution: Making these changes incorrectly could cause stability issues with Symantec Encryption Management Server. For any assistance adding this setting, please contact Symantec Support.
Imported Document Id