How do I move my Incidents Database from one SQL server to a new SQL server?
AnswerHere are the steps you need to do:
1. Backup the Altiris Database and the Incidents database (From old server)
2. Restore the backups to the new SQL server.
(Reminder - The Altiris Database and Incident Database need to be on the same server)
3. In the Altiris Console, go to the Configuration Tab/Server Settings/Notification Server Settings/Database settings
4. Set the Server field to the the new SQL server name
5. Go to Configuration Tab/Server Settings/Notification Server Settings/Incident Settings
6. Set the Incident settings to the correct database and click apply
Did this article resolve your issue?
Did this article save you the trouble of contacting technical support?
How can we make this article more helpful?
Email Address (Optional)
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?