This article describes how to deploy SymDiag using the Client Deployment Wizard in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).
Note: This information is provided as a convenience; it is not a supported function of the software.
Local System account
Using the Client Deployment Wizard will launch SymDiag using the local System account. This means that user profile data will not be available for any SymDiag reports or tools you choose to run. In particular, this will impact the results in the Threat Analysis tools, Symantec Power Eraser, and Load Point Analysis.
To deploy SymDiag to remote computers, you must first create a self-extracting executable archive that contains and launches SymDiag using additional command-line parameters for SymDiag.
Note: You can use utilities such as WinZip or 7zip to create packages that can be deployed using the Client Deployment Wizard.
Step 2: Deploy SymDiag
- In the SEPM, under the Common Tasks drop-down in the upper-right corner, select Install protection client to computers.
The Client Deployment Wizard opens.
- Select Existing Package Deployment.
- Click Browse, and navigate to the SymDiag self-extracting executable archive.
For more information on creating this executable, see Create a self-extracting executable archive earlier in this article.
- Click Next. The SymDiag deployment package will begin uploading.
- On the Computer Selection screen, in the left pane, select the computers you want to run SymDiag on.
Enter the correct login credentials if requested. Computers are added after login credentials are verified and connections to the computers are successful.
- Once computers have been added in the right pane, click Next.
- In the Install Symantec Endpoint Protection Client screen, review the list of computers you want to deploy to, and click Send.
- Once the package has been deployed, you can review the Deployment Summary.
Successful deployment is not an indication that SymDiag ran successfully, only that SymDiag was successfully copied to the machine and launched.