How do I install and set up MSDE 2000 SP4 for use with Wise Package Studio 7.x?
The following information is for Wise Package Studio 7 - 7 SP2 only. Wise Package Studio 7 SP3 does not support MSDE. You will need to install SQL Express 2005 (see
https://kb.altiris.com/article.asp?article=18249&p=1 for information on installing SQL Express 2005 for use with Wise Package Studio 7 SP3 )
Part 1: Install and configure MSDE:
- Click here.
- To download MSDE, click the link titled "SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE".
- Click Run (or Open) and the .exe download and then extract the installation files to C:\SQL2KSP4 (Default folder). Do not execute the setup.exe at this time. It needs to be run from the command line shown in step 4.
- Execute the command below to install MSDE. (Note: The installation will run a basic dialog.)
<path to Setup.EXE that resides in C:\SQL2KSP4\MSDE > SAPWD="<YourPassword>"
- Restart the computer . An icon with a server and a green arrow pointing to the right will appear in the system tray (lower-right corner). If not, check Services under Control Panel > Services and locate SQLSERVERAGENT. Click Start to begin the service.
Part 2: Configure Wise Package Studio 7.x Server installation with MSDE. (These steps are after Package Studio has been set up and the Wise Repository Manager Setup has launched.):
- In the Database Identification dialog, type the COMPUTERNAME into Server field.
- In the Database Administrator Login Information dialog, leave the Default selection Windows NT Authentication.
- During the configuration phase, an information box will appear about the SQL Login Mode. Click OK.
- Click Finish to complete the New Repository wizard
Wise Package Studio 7.x is ready to use.
Imported Document Id