How do I restore Notification Server from a backup?
This article describes how to restore Notification Server from a backup. In this scenario you need to restore the existing Symantec_CMDB rather than create a new one.
The following procedure describes how to work around a limitation of the Symantec Installation Manager and redirect Notification Server to use the existing (restored) Symantec_CMDB.
To restore Notification Server:
- Backup the existing Symantec_CMDB database.
- Open SQL Management Studio and restore the Symantec_CMDB from your backup.
- Open the SMP Console.
- In the Symantec Management Console, open the Database Settings page (menu path: Settings > Notification Server > Database Settings).
- In the Database Name field, choose Use Existing Database and select the appropriate existing database from the drop-down list.
These databases are detected automatically from the SQL server.
- Click Save Changes and the following webpage dialog box will inform you the system will be in a paused state once completed. Click OK to continue the reconfiguration process.
The database reconfiguration process re-runs the installed configuration files for Notification Server and all installed product solutions. As part of this process, the security identifiers of the local security users are regenerated to ensure that the users can access the Symantec Management Console.
If the Notification Server version is later than the database version, this step is performed automatically when you save the changes to the Database Settings page.
Imported Document Id