How do I install the complete Administrator SDK 2.0?
To install the complete Administrator SDK 2.0, complete the following steps:
Part I – Uninstall Administrator SDK version 1.x
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog click on "Altiris ASDK".
- Click the Remove button.
- A dialog will appear warning you that this will remove all the Administrator SDK components on this machine. Click Ok.
- After a few minutes a dialog will appear indicating the Administrator SDK has been uninstalled. Click Ok.
- Be sure to uninstall the Administrator SDK on both the NS Server and on any remote computer on which the Altiris Administrator SDK 1.x COM pieces have been installed. 7.
Part II – Install the Server components
- Run the Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) on the Notification Server machine where you want to install the Administrator SDK 2.0.
- Select the Administrator SDK product and proceed with the installation.
Part III – Install the COM components
- Download and unzip the Symantec_ASDK.exe installation file onto the machine(s) you want to run the Administrator SDK COM layer from. This can be the NS server itself, a remote computer on which .NET Framework v3.5 has been installed, or both.
- In the extracted directory, double click the executable Symantec_ASDK.exe
- Complete the installation using the installation wizard, as outlined in the installation section of the Administrator SDK documentation (available on the Symantec Developer Portal (http://developer.altiris.com).
Imported Document Id