What is an Escalation
An Escalation may be warranted if you are not satisfied with the level of service you have received working on an already existing case, the response target for answering your case was missed or want to emphasize the urgency of the issue you are facing within an existing case or through opening a new case.
What you can expect is a management point of contact through the Duty Manager, who will establish your needs and expectations and ensure that we are engaging the right resources with urgency.
The Duty Manager will ask for criteria to move to close the Escalation, as our goal is to tailor our support with a focus on providing the resources and information that our customers need to move to resolution.
How to request an Escalation for an existing case
Depending on your preference and Severity, we recommend that you request the Escalation through either a phone call or chat session.
Phone call (recommended for Severity 1 issues)
- Prepare the following information to identify yourself as an authorized contact for your company:
- Full name
- Email address
- Company name
- Account ID (also known as Main Login ID or Axapta ID)
- Case number
- Call the preferred phone number according to your region.
- Ask the Customer Care representative to request an Escalation through the Duty Manager for your case
- From the Symantec.cloud portal, click Support > Support Ticketing Center
- Start a live chat session regarding your case with our technical support team.
- Ask the engineer to escalate your case.
Related terms: MessageLabs