Best practice calls for making regular backups of the data crucial to a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment. How do I schedule backups for my Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) database using its built-in tools?
To schedule a backup for your database, follow the below steps:
- In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console, click Admin.
- In the Admin page, click Servers.
- In the Admin page, under View, click the icon that represents the MS SQL or embedded database to be backed up.
- In the Admin page, under Tasks, click Edit Backup Settings.
- In the Backup Site for Local Site dialog box, click Schedule.
- Specify the backup frequency by selecting Hourly, Daily, or Weekly.
- If you choose Hourly, specify Min to indicate how many minutes after the hour backups should occur.
- If you choose Daily, specify the Start Time in Hr and Min to indicate at what time each day backups should occur.
- If you choose Weekly, specify the Start Time in Hr and Min to indicate the time that backups should occur.
- If you choose Weekly, specify the Day of Week to indicate the day on which backups should occur.
- Click OK.
- Scheduled backups occur automatically. The data is placed in a .zip file that is labeled with the date on which the backup occurred. The backup file is stored in the folder designated as the backup path in the Backup Settings dialog.
For example, a backup file that is created on August 1, 2007 at 9:46 AM is named 2007-Aug-01_09-46-13-AM.zip
Note: This is true even if using replication and both backups can be on the same or unique schedules.
The steps below with backup either the SEPM's embedded (ASA) database or MS SQL database. For SEPM deployments using the MS SQL as their database, it is also possible to use MS SQL's built-in tools for SEPM database backups.
Rate this Article