Symantec Technical Support has requested that you enable "VPdebug logging" on a Symantec Endpoint Protection client. How is this accomplished?
VPdebug logging can be enabled either from the Symantec Endpoint Protection GUI, or by adding an entry to the Windows Registry. The "VPdebug.log" file will be created in the root of the Symantec Endpoint Protection folder (For 11.0 "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection" by default and for 12.1 "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\12.1.671.4971.105\Data\Logs " by default )
To enable "VPdebug logging" on a Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 or 12.1 client from the GUI, follow the below steps:
- In the client, on the Help and Support menu,
- Select Troubleshooting...
- In the Troubleshooting dialog, click Debug Logs
- Under Symantec Endpoint Protection, click Edit Debug Log Settings
- In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Debug Log Settings dialog box, type ALL.
- Once data has been collected, follow the above steps and remove the ALL value.
To enable "VPdebug logging" on a Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 or 12.1 client by adding an entry to the Windows Registry, follow the below steps:
- Click on Start> Run
- Type Regedit
- Click Ok
- Open the registry editor
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\ProductControl
- Change the Debug value to ALL.
- Once the data has been collected and you need to disable it remove the ALL value.
On 64 bit systems, the correct key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\ProductControl.
Imported Document Id