Virus definitions appear to update, and the bulk of the failures appear to center around Network Threat Protection. All attempts by LiveUpdate to install new NTP content fail.
The following errors occur when running LiveUpdate on an unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection client:
- LiveUpdate failed with error code 536805375
- Installing Security Software update 1 of 3 failed: LU1825, LU could not understand how to install this update.
- Installing Security Software update 2 of 3 failed: LU1812 program that is part of this update failed when it ran. The update was not applied (See Fig 1).
- Installing firewall updates: 1 of 1 failed, LU1801 LU was cancelled.
- Could not find the installation path for at least one component.
These errors may be caused by corruption of existing updates, or by interference from components of any Norton consumer products which may have been installed on the computer in the past.
One solution to this issue- recommended only if no other Symantec products than SEP are installed on the computer- is to uninstall the existing SEP and LiveUpdate programs and replace them with fresh, new installations that should perform correctly.
- Uninstall both LiveUpdate and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Delete the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Symantec
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
- C:\Users\All Users\Applications\Symantec (Windows Vista Home Premium; other Win OS's would be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec)
- Restart the computer.
- Re-install LiveUpdate and Symantec Endpoint Protection. Only the latest available releases of LiveUpdate and SEP should be used.
Please note that uninstalling LiveUpdate will affect all Symantec products installed on the computer. If additional Symantec products are present, a Repair Install should be run on each of them from Add/Remove programs so that they correctly register with the new installation of LiveUpdate.
Imported Document Id