You deploy the Symantec Endpoint Protection client using the Client Remote Install / Migration and Deployment Wizard feature, and after you see a Successful Installation Prompt on the workstation where you deployed the SEP Client, you find that there are no entries in the Add-remove Programs Snap-in, and also no entries in Program Files for Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Additionally, even if you run the Symantec Endpoint Protection setup locally on the PC, with either the Setup.EXE file, or the Symantec Anti-Virus.MSI file, you face the same error.
Step 1 -
1. Open the services console / snap-in - Click on Start -> RUN, and type services.msc and click on OK.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the Services Snap-in / console, and Set the status of the WMI Performance Adapter Service to AUTOMATIC if it is DISABLED, click on APPLY, and then click on the START Button.
3. After the service starts, click on OK and exit out of the services snap-in / concole, and reboot the computer before proceeding with the installation of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Client.
Step 2 - Follow ONLY IF Step 1 fails, and / or you discern that the WMI Performance Adapter Service is corrupted. (This procedure entails running commands to rebuild the WMI Performance Adapter Service).
1. For Windows Server 2003 SP-1 -
Open Command prompt, and type the following command minus the quotes and hit the Enter key - " rundll32 wbemupgd, RepairWMISetup"
2. For Windows XP SP-2 -
Open Command Prompt and type the following command minus the quotes and hit the Enter key - " rundll32 wbemupgd, UpgradeRepository"
3. For any other Windows Operating System -
|1. Stop the WMI service. (Type net stop winmgmt) from the command prompt.
2. Rename the folder %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository. (For example, %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository_bad.)
By renaming the folder the operating system will no longer be able to find the WMI Repository. As a result, it will automatically rebuild the Repository the next time it needs to access WMI information.
3. Restart the WMI service (Type net start winmgmt) from the command prompt
|Re-install the Symantec Endpoint Protection Client software.|
Imported Document Id