How to Configure E-mail Alerts in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)
To enable e-mail alerts, you must configure the SEP Manager to use your email server, then configure e-mail alerts as necessary.
Configure SEP Manager to connect to the email server:
- In the SEP Manager console, click Admin.
- Click the Server panel.
- Select the Management Server for which you wish to configure the e-mail server. Go to Edit Server Properties..
- In the Server Properties dialog box, click the Mail Server tab.( For SEP 12.1 choose Email Server )
- Enter the Server Address, which would be the IP address, host name, or domain name of the email server.
- Enter the Port Number for the email server that will send the notifications.
- Enter the User name of the account on the email server. If you want to configure administrator email notifications, you should use the format user@domain in this text box. If the text box is left blank, SYSTEM@computer name sends the notifications.
- Enter a Password of the account on the email server. This field is mandatory if the email server requires authentication.
Configure email alerts:
- Click Monitors.
- Click Notifications tab.
- Click the View Notifications button.
- Click the Notification Conditions button.
- Click Add.
- Choose the event that you want to be alerted on, such as Virus definitions out-of-date.
- Enter the requested information in the Add Notification Condition window that pops up.
- Click OK.
NOTE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 12.1.1101.401 (RU1 MP1) supports sending email notifications in plain text format.
The default format remains HTML.
To send notifications in plain text format, the SEPM administrator must edit the conf.properties file on the server and add the following new line:
To utilize email alerts, an existing SMTP server must be present in the environment. Additionally, the credentials passed to this server from SEPM must be configured to allow sending of email.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x and 12.1
Windows Server OS
Imported Document Id