How do I Install Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager for replication?
You wish to configure Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(s) as Replication Partners for ease of Site Manageability
To install servers for replication
- Install the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- In the Management Server Configuration Wizard panel, check the Install an additional site checkbox, and then click Next.
- In the Server Information panel, accept or change the default values for the following boxes, and then click Next:
- Server name
- Server port
- Web console port
- Server data folder
- In the Site Information panel, accept or change the name in the Site Name box, and then click Next.
- In the Replication Information panel, type values in the following boxes:
- Replication server name: The hostname or IP address of the remote Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Replication server port : The default Replication server port is 8443
- Administrator Name: The name that is used to log on to the console
- Administrator Password: The password that is used to log on to the console
- Click Next.
- In the Certificate Warning dialog box, click Yes.
- In the Database Server Choice panel, do one of the following (depending on which database you wish to use for the installation), and then click Next.
- Check Embedded database, and complete the installation.
- Check Microsoft SQL Server, and complete the installation.
Configuring Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager for replication
To configure servers for replication
- On the computer that you installed the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, click Start > Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- In the Logon dialog box, in the User Name box, type the administrator ID that is used to log on to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager that uses the initial database.
- In Password box, type the password that is associated with the administrator ID, and then click Log On.
- In the console, in the left pane, click Admin > Servers.
- In the left tree, expand Local Site, expand Replication Partner, right-click Site <remote_host>
, and then click Edit Properties.
- In the Replication Partner Properties dialog box, set the options that you want for logs, packages, and replication frequency, and then click OK.
- Right-click Site <remote_host>
, and then click Replicate Now.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- At the end of the wizard, click on Finish.
You can install servers for replication with both the embedded and Microsoft SQL Server databases. If you want to install a Microsoft SQL Server database for replication, you must first install Microsoft SQL Server.
Imported Document Id