One Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client cannot get updates from the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)
Symptoms 1. No green dot on the client
2. Server is offline in the client user interface (Help and Support -> Troubleshooting)
3. Secars test passed (http://:/secars/secars?hello,secars)
4. http:///reporting - passed
5. Correct information in the sylink.xml file
6. Correct telnet to the server (telnet )
7. No proxy on the network but sylink log shows:
09/29 12:31:42  http://10.0.0.1:800389C6E4 09/29 12:31:42  12:31:42=>Send HTTP REQUEST 09/29 12:31:44  12:31:44=>HTTP REQUEST sent 09/29 12:31:44  12007=>The Server name could not be resolved
09/29 12:31:45  http://server:800389C6E4 09/29 12:31:45  12:31:45=>Send HTTP REQUEST 09/29 12:31:47  12:31:47=>HTTP REQUEST sent 09/29 12:31:47  12007=>The Server name could not be resolved
An old entry about proxy server remains in the registry
1. Check in the registry (HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings) those keys
0 3. Delete
These settings are also cached in Hex format in the following location: HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
If DefaultConnectionSettings and SavedLegacySettings are present, they will re-populate the proxy settings. If they are NOT present, they will be generated with the current proxy settings. This can cause issues if the customer tries to alter just "HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyEnable" without also purging DefaultConnectionSettings/SavedLegacySettings before a reboot.
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.