TCP (data) port
UDP (status) port
|CE, 7.51 and earlier||
|7.52 and newer||
Configure pcAnywhere to use only the registered ports
In the next steps you will edit the Windows registry. Back up the registry before you make any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Delete only the specified registry key. For instructions, read Backing up the Windows registry.
pcAnywhere 10.0 and later automatically detect whether the opposite end is using the older ports or the registered ports. If you want pcAnywhere to use only the registered ports, follow the steps to change a registry setting:
- Click Start > Run.
- In the run dialog box, type the following and then click OK.
- Go to the following key and click it to highlight it:
- Click Edit > New > DWORD.
- Change the DWORD name to: TCPIPPortCompatibility
- Change the value of TCPIPPortCompatibility to: 0
- Close the Registry Editor.
For information on changing the ports that pcAnywhere uses, read the document How to change the IP ports that pcAnywhere uses.
Imported Document Id