|BindView RMS® Web Console v8.00|
The BindView RMS Web Console is a Web-based user interface that provides query, scope manager, baseline, task status monitoring, enterprise browser, and real-time monitoring services.
The BindView RMS Web Console product has minimum system requirements for installation and use. Before installing the BindView RMS Web Console, ensure that your system meets these requirements in addition to the system requirements for the BindView RMS Console:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.0 or later with Java™ Virtual Machine, or Netscape® Navigator 4.72 or later with Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (except for version 6 and later)
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP2, Windows XP®, or Windows Server™ 2003.
- Windows 2000 SP2, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or later
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 5.0, or 6.0
- Connection to the BindView RMS Console and Information Server v8.00
We recommend that you review the following notes before using the BindView RMS Web Console:
- Cookies must be enabled in the Internet browser on machines using the BindView RMS Web Console. If cookies are not enabled, errors can occur when processing queries and when displaying the results of prior queries. In addition, any preference changes will not be used.
- IIS 6 is not installed by default on Windows Server 2003 machines. You must manually install it and enable Active Server Pages and make other configuration changes before using the BindView RMS Web Console. See "Enabling IIS 6 Web Server" in Chapter 2 in the BindView RMS Web Console User Guide for instructions.
- When using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows Server 2003 machines, you must add the IP address of the BindView RMS Web Console server as a "Trusted Site" in the "Security" tab of the Internet Properties dialog. Open Internet Explorer and choose Tools>Internet Options. Select the "Security" tab, then click "Trusted Sites." Click the "Sites" button and add the IP address of the BindView RMS Web Console machine.
- The ASP script timeout for IIS5 is set to 300 seconds by default. Increase this setting beyond 300 seconds if you receive any script timeout errors.
- The BindView RMS Web Console must be installed on the machine where IIS5 or IIS6 is installed.
- To connect to the BindView RMS Web Console, use the address http://
/RMS in Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, where is the name or IP address of the BindView RMS Web Console machine.
- The BindView RMS Web Console will only install to the default Web site. If you wish to install it to a different Web site, you must install it manually as a virtual directory and not as a Web site.
- When you connect to a BindView Information Server that is hosted on the same machine hosting the Web Server, you must leave the "Located on web server machine" check box below the "Machine Name" field on the Login page selected. You cannot use the "Machine" field to name the machine.
- Upgrading from Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 to Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 does not always upgrade the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. If the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine does not upgrade when you upgrade to Microsoft Internet Explorer 5, this will cause errors when opening the Query Builder. If this occurs, you should manually update the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
- Netscape Navigator 6 and later are not supported. They cause problems with the Query Builder.
- In Windows 2000, if you launch the enterprise browser and view the filter page using Netscape Navigator 4.7x, you may not be able to select OK or Cancel. Therefore, you must terminate the Web Console session. If this problem happens, it will happen repeatedly. The only way to end this problem is by rebooting, clearing the memory and disk cache of Netscape Navigator, and then restarting the Web Console. This workaround may not always work.
- There will be a slow response time using Netscape Navigator 4.7x for some HTML pages or query executions in both NT and Windows 2000.
- If you use Netscape and you get a slow response time when browsing services in the enterprise browser, or the calendar in the alerts page appears to be blank, you will need to have a faster system in order for Netscape to function properly.
- If you export a query from the Console using .pdf format and try to view it in the Web Console without having Adobe Acrobat installed, you will get a runtime error message stating that an error has occurred and if you wish to debug it.
- You may not be able to create or launch queries after installing a second bv-Control product. In order for the second bv-Control product to work properly, you must stop the Web Gateway Service. To do this, go to Windows Command Prompt and type: NET STOP BVISWEB.EXE and then press Enter.
New features in BindView RMS Web Console v8.00:
- The BindView RMS Web Console has been updated to support the BindView RMS Console and Information Server v8.00.
- The BindView RMS Web Console now supports the BindView SQL Database, added to the BindView Information Server v7.30 for more secure storage of query information.
Your BindView product CD contains the BindView RMS Web Console User Guide in Adobe® Acrobat® .pdf file format.
© 2004 BindView Corporation. All rights reserved.
Rate this Article