Error running query on Netapp Filer, "Exhausted all available drive letters while mapping shares to volumes on NetApp device"
The query reporting on NetApp devices with more than 26 administrative shares fails with the error "Exhausted all available drive letters while mapping shares to volumes on NetApp device".
For bv-Control for Windows 8.1:
Hotfix WQRK230525 for bv-Control for Windows 8.1 corrects this error.
For Control Compliance Suite for Windows v8.5 and later:
WARNING: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
Hotfix WQRK230525 for bv-Control for Windows 8.1 has been rolled into Control Compliance Suite for Windows 8.5 or later. However, to toggle the solution, please do as follows:
- 1. On each query engine machine click Start > Run. Type Regedit into the box and press OK.
2. In the Registry Editor tool, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BindView\Bindview Query Engine\Options.
NOTE: In 64-bit versions of Windows, the registry path is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\BindView\Bindview Query Engine\Options
3. Create a DWORD value and name it NetApp_SkipMapRemainingShares.
4. Set the NetApp_SkipMapRemainingShares value to 1.
5. Restart the Information Server.