How to enable RMS Console Logging?
WARNING: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
To enable logging in the RMS Console v.8.0 and higher:
1. Close the RMS Console on the Bindview Information Server (BVIS).
2. Click Start > Run, then type regedit on the BVIS.
3. Create the same "loglevel" key and value for all of the following registry keys:
- HKEY_Local Machine\Software\Bindview\Infrastructure\RMS System\server\BVJobProcessor
HKEY_Local Machine\Software\Bindview\Infrastructure\RMS System\server\BVProcessManager
HKEY_Local Machine\Software\Bindview\Infrastructure\RMS System\server\JPLauncher
- New, DWORD = loglevel
Data value = FF
64 bit hosts the registry keys maybe located under;
HKEY_Local Machine\Software\WOW6432Node\Bindview\Infrastructure\RMS System\server\BVJobProcessor
HKEY_Local Machine\Software\WOW6432Node\Bindview\Infrastructure\RMS System\server\BVProcessManager
HKEY_Local Machine\Software\WOW6432Node\Bindview\Infrastructure\RMS System\server\JPLauncher
4. Before getting the new logs, delete any existing entries in the Program Files\Symantec\RMS\Log directory
5. Reproduce the error.
6. Modify the loglevel key data value for each to 0 to disable logging after duplicating the error.
7. Zip the logs in the \Log directory, then send them to the Symantec Support Representative requesting the logs.
Rate this Article