Control Compliance Suite (CCS) 8.6 upgrade recommendations
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before upgrading, consider using the ISMW instead of doing an in-place upgrade. See "About the Information Server Migration Wizard (ISMW)" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007101620580253 . Be sure to use the correct ISMW version!
Follow these recommended guidelines to perform a successful in place upgrade from CCS 8.5 to CCS 8.6:
- Review the version requirements for the CCS 8.6 upgrade. See "Minimum version requirements to upgrade to CCS 8.6" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007122012220653
- Download and install the latest CHF for CCS 8.5. See "How to obtain the latest cumulative hotfix (CHF) for Control Compliance Suite (CCS) v.8.5" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007101811234353.
- Upgrade the CCS v.8.5 Query Engines. See "Patch Assessment Queries fail in bv-Control for Windows v.8.5" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007102316074953
- Download the CCS 8.6 install set. See "How to Obtain the Latest Version of CCS" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2008010808350053
- Obtain licenses for CCS 8.6. See "How to engage Symantec Licensing for help with product licensing issues" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007111214125853.
- NOTE: CCS 8.5 licenses are not compatible with CCS 8.6.
- Install CCS 8.6 Data Collection. See "How to install Control Compliance Suite v.8.6 Data Collection" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2008012413362153 .
- Configure bv-Control for Windows v.8.6. See "How to Configure Control Compliance Suite for Windows" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2008012414243253.
- Install CCS 8.6 Reporting & Analytics Server.
- Review the installation requirements for then CCS Reporting & Analytics Client, then install the Reporting & Analytics client. See "What rights are needed to install CCS v.8.6 Reporting & Analytics client" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007120516202553.
For technical support, see "How to engage Symantec Support for help with CCS" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007102316074953.
For training, see "How to engage Symantec Training to learn Control Compliance Suite (CCS)" at http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/docid/2007120509574453.