How do I find UNIX files that are owned by a specific group?
Build a new query using the bv-Control for UNIX Files Data Source. Follow these steps:
- In the RMS Console, click the New Query (red book) icon on the icon bar at the top.
- In the "Select Datasource" dialog box, expand bv-Control for UNIX, then click the Files Data Source.
- Click OK.
- On the Field Specification Tab, add the following fields to the query definition:
- Machine Name
- File Name With Path
- Group Name
- Attributes: Group
- On the Filter Specifications tab, add the field Composite File Descriptor. Click Change Descriptor.
- In the Path to Search In, type the path, directory level only /<directory>
- In the Files to Search, type *
- Click on Include Sub Directories button
- In the Find Options field type: -type f -o -type d
- Click OK on the Composite File Descriptor, then click OK again on the Composite File Descriptor Selector panel.
- In the Filter Term Definition field, select "Matches Pattern" in the pick list.
- Type an asterisk ( *) in the Value field
- Add a filter of Group Name and from the pull down select Contains or Equal To and type in the part of a group name for Contains or the group name if using Equal To.
- Select the AND Boolean button
- On the Scope tab, scope to the target computer. Click OK.
- Click Run and View as Grid.