The Asset System view displays the number of active assets in the top right corner of the table pane. The active assets are the assets that are created or updated during the last six months. The active assets are displayed only for the Windows Machines, the UNIX Machines, and the ESM Agents.
You might want to delete the inactive assets from the asset system. You can use the asset groups feature to form a dynamic group of assets that are not modified for the last six months. You can then delete this group.
To create an asset group based on the last modified date
1. In the task bar, from the Asset Group Tasks, select Create Asset Group.
2. In the Specify Asset Group Details panel, specify the following:
- Name of the asset group
- Description of the asset group
- Folder path where the asset group should be saved
3. Select Dynamic group in the Asset Group Type section.
4. Click Next.
5. In the Select Asset Type panel, select the asset type for which you want to create an asset group and click Next.
6. In the Create Common Asset Field Filters panel, specify the value for the common asset field filters and click Next.
The Create Common Asset Field Filters panel lets you create a filter that is based on the values of the fields that are common across all the asset types. The panel presents a list of common asset fields. You can specify the values for the selected fields. The asset group is formed based on the values that you specify in this panel.
7. In the Create Specific Asset Type Filters panel, select All Asset Types- Asset last modified date and click Add Statement.
You can use the AND and OR operators to specify the filter after adding the filter statements.
See Operators (, ), AND, OR.
8. In the Filter Statement dialog box, select Specific Value.
Select EqualTo (=) as the operator and from the Specify value drop-down list select a date.
The assets that were modified till the specified date are included in the asset group.
9. Review the configuration information in the Summary panel and click Finish.
Imported Document Id