FlexGridCtrl: Failed to run GetGridData Web service. Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment.
After a moment the report generation or collection refresh terminates with an error box containing the following dialogue:
FlexGridCtrl: Failed to run GetGridData web service. Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
When I try to open the console, an error (see attached image) that states:
ComponentOne VSFlexGrid8 [Unicode/Light]
NOT LICENSED. THIS IS AN EVALUATION VERSION
You can use this product for a 30-day trial period.
The console will eventually opens up after continuing through the errors.
- Corrupt FlexGrid ActiveX control
- Corrupt User profile in Windows
- Close all open browsers on the system.
- Check %WINDIR%\Downloaded Program Files\.
- Delete ComponentOne FlexGrid 8.0 (UNICODE Light).
- Also, if applicable, remove FlexGrid 7.
- Go to Start > Run, type cmd and click OK.
- In the command prompt, browse to %Windir%\Downloaded Program Files\. (Generally, from the C: prompt, type cd %windir%, type cd downlo~1).
- Do a DIR command.
- You may have vsflex files still located in this directory. Delete all instances of it from this command prompt.
Following that, delete the following files from the %windir%\System32 folder on the computer. (These may need to be deleted from other installed instances elsewhere on the hard drive as well.)
Open the Altiris console again, and the latest version of the console ActiveX components should be downloaded.
In one instance the problem was a corrupt user profile in Windows and using another username for a login on that same computer brought up the console with no errors.
Second Option: Run a repair on Helpdesk and Notification Server. If you have a rollup installed for Notification server then you will need to run a repair on the rollup as well.
What ActiveX components are installed and used by Helpdesk and Alert Manager?
Tables in Helpdesk appear with a red "X" or without any table interface
Notification Server 6.0.x
Imported Document Id